Thursday 3 December 2015

Today is PADHUAN ASTAMI ( celebrated for the first child of the parents. The first child put on new cloth and family celebrates the occasion with different types of sweets and cake. Among them cake wrapped in turmeric leaf is important. the ingredients  for the  dough are uncooked rice,  dal, coconut etc.).
My friend called me to have these pitha [cake] with khiri [sweet dish made of rice, milk  and sugar].
 We are in the world of rapid change. But, I am to say that we should not be blind to our culture. Our cultural heritage is full of valuable advice to make our life beautiful and peaceful. With our busy schedule we should maintain it to keep it for our future generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gratitude

  I looked outside the window  and discovered a morning enveloped by  fog  and again fantasized it as a land of angels  for my meeting to li...